YOUR EPIC WILL OUTLAST YOU.
SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER, SWEET LIKE HONEY.
Our fly rods are like nothing you've ever cast - we guarantee it.
TWO MATERIALS - ONE RESULT
- Epic FastGlass rods are produced from industry leading 8 micron Unidirectional S-2 Glass.
- This next generation fiber is specifically engineered for fly rod production and features 8 micron fibers developed and produced in the USA.
- These fibres are almost half the diameter of other unidirectional materials, resulting in tighter, more precise and stronger fly rods.
CARBON FIBRE NANO TECH
100% Uni-directional material - Non Woven.
Super light-weight construction and superior strength. Non woven Uni-directional material is up to 40% stronger than traditional woven material commonly used by fly rod manufacturers. A non woven fiber can achieve 100% of its tensile and compressive loading. Unidirectional material affords super light weight construction and superior strength.
100% Carbon Helix Core
A 100% helical core forms the basis for hoop strength and fibre support in the zero/longitudinal axis and does away with traditional scrim based construction.
Silica-nano technology. Super Low Resin Systems.
Utilising materials with resin content up to 30% less than conventional materials, Epic C series blanks are lighter and stronger. Low resin materials help increase bending limits & overall response.
Multi Carbon Construction (Multi modulus).
Using only the highest quality fabrics from USA, Japan and Korea, up to five different types of carbon are used in each blank. Each type is placed at various parts of the blank to optimize strength and weight. Ultra high modulus fibre boasts the highest tensile and compressive strength of any fibre in its class.
Target Zero Fibre Alignment.
Fibre alignment along the length of any blank is critical. Even the smallest deviation in fibre alignment from the axis of load will greatly reduce the strength of the blank.
SnakeBelly™ delivers the toughest exterior finish possible. After production, blanks are first painted and then clear coated. This two step process produces blanks that are incredibly scratch resistant and durable.
Break a tip? we've got you covered This ferule system is so precise that breakages can be addressed by simply sending out the replacement part. Gone are the days of having to return a broken section. Internal High Strength Ferrule.
A high strength internal ferrule is placed at each join to provide superior crush and split resistance.
BUILT EPIC TOUGH
Epic fly rods are incredibly tough. Our S2 FastGlass II has a far higher strength-to-weight ratio than Carbon fibre (graphite) rods. Epic FastGlass rods can endure more acute and severe bends than the equivalent Carbon fibre or even regular S2 glass, tip sections are stronger and far less susceptible to breakages due to high-sticking and problematic rod angles when pulling against load.
EACH EPIC STUDIO BUILT FLY ROD FEATURES:
- Industry leading Epic fly rod blank with SureFit internally reenforced ferule system
- Quality fiberglass rod tube, premium hand sewn rod sock & Cleaning cloth
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip
- Premium quality Epic reel seat
- Premium quality stripper guides (Titanium or Hard Chrome)
- Best quality Snake guides by Snake Brand™ USA
- Premium Japanese Silk thread wraps
- Decals and stickers
- Lifetime Support and Warranty