Knot Tying Combo Tool Instructions
Nail Knot Tying Instructions - The Tie-Fast Combo Tool
Contrary to popular opinion that strange appendage on your nippers is not for cleaning your fingernails. Epic Ambassador Kunio Onishi shows how to tie a nail knot with the Tie-Fast Knot Tool
- Place the leader on top of the tool with 6 inches of tag end forward and hold it under your thumb between the metal tips.
- Make 4 or 5 wraps around the tips of the tool working back toward your thumb.
- Feed the end of the fly line though these wraps
- Feed the tag end of the leader back through the coils and back out the tip of the tool.
- Hold everything gently in place and give a short quick tug on the tag end of the leader. The knot should pop off the tool and onto the fly line. Make any adjustments needed and tighten down the knot firmly. Trim tag end and fly line close to the knot.
Of all the fly fishing nippers we've used over the years these are by far the best. They come with an instruction booklet, an excellent hook file, great nippers that can be sharpened, the knot tool attachment and an eye cleaner. Get the real deal made in the USA and not a cheap knock off.
Also in The Drift - Fly Fishing, Fly Casting and Fly Rod Building
Casting tight loops are is actually pretty simple in theory. Line and loop shape are primarily dictated by the path the fly rod tip takes during the cast and after the stop. The line does not follow the rod tip exactly - but for the purpose of this exercise that’s what we need to be thinking about. Read More
Having seen a few tails and created more than my fair share - most entirely involuntarily - I think it best to keep things relatively simple. After-all, we're all about fly fishing rather than any in-depth analysis of casting physics.
Fly fishing and certainly fly casting is most certainly the sport of exceptions and in order to attempt to explain anything in fly casting you tend to have to generalise -and that’s what i’m about to do.
Join our Epic Fly Rod Building Kit Forum on Facebook here. This group is specifically for building Epic Ready To Wrap Fly Rod Kits - Please note: it is not a general fly rod building group